On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 17:57:32 +0200
Shachar Shemesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Marc Volovic wrote:
>
> > Good heavens...
> >
> > Subversion and/or CVS - take your choice.
> >
> I'll go with that recommendation if you only give me one thing that CVS
> does better than SVN.
>
> Between the two, I fail to find a single reason to prefer the former
> over the later.

One of your lines is wrong, I guess from the first line that you meant
I fail to find a single reason to prefer the later over the former.

the only reason I can think of currently is that svn stores  an extra local
repository cvs does everything remotely (only one local copy). If you have  a
big tree and not enough local space (should be an issue with modern hard disk,
used to be more of an issue a few years back).

I believe that svn is mature enough so you don't have to worry about the track
record.