That really depends (regarding Lenovo laptops).

The make tons of models, so it really depends if it's their home models or
business models (Txx, Xxxx, Wxxx, Zxxx) and it really depends on the seller.
I know that Lenovo is making many models with Linux installed (Mostly SLED),
and it really depends who's your seller and what connections he got inside
IBM/Lenovo. Few years ago, I helped someone buy 20 Thinkpads with Linux
installed. The seller told me "no way" that there's such an options. Couple
of phones later and the "no way" changed to "yes way" :)

The home models (Nxxx, Vxxx) are coming only with Vista and in May
timeframe, they'll come with free "upgrade" offer to Windows 7. You cannot
downgrade to XP in those models (unless you format it, install your copy of
XP, download their drivers and install them), and their quality sucks
compared to the business models: buy an N500 model, boot Vista and see how
after you load the OS, the hard disk works like mad..

Hetz

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 2:11 PM, Rami Rosen <rosenr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Just FYI:
>
>   - I happened to be today at an Ivory shop  (http://www.ivory.co.il/)
>
>   - I asked about Laptops without Windows; they offered me some MSI
> laptops (which I didn't like so much).
> These MSI laptops are with freeDos.
>
>   - When I asked about some Lenovo models, they told me that it is
> impossible to get them without Windows.
>
>   -   When I told them about Zvi Devir and the Windows refund case
> with the Dell laptop (which appeared in the newspaper) they told me
> that they did not hear about it before ; they added that if the same
> case happened with a Lenovo laptop, there might be  a place for
> talking about it.
>
> I want to add that I am not affiliated with Ivory or any other PC Vendor.
>
> Regards,
> Rami Rosen

Skepticism is the lazy person's default position.
my blog (hebrew): http://benhamo.org