Quoting geoffrey mendelson, from the post of Sun, 12 Jun:

> On Jun 12, 2011, at 10:50 AM, Uri Even-Chen wrote:
> >
> >I don't agree with you, Geoff. What Richard Stallman does as a
> >private person does not mean the FSF in involved. As a private
> >person Richard Stallman has the right to boycott Israeli
> >institutions and universities. It does not mean that the FSF is
> >boycotting Israel.
>
> You can agree or not, it's your opinion. However US law is that once
> he signs his emails as an officer of the corporation, in this case
> president, it does.

you know, there IS a logical falacy of guilt by association. before you
oycot the FSF and the registration office that handled their NGO
registration, and the entire govenrment of the country that enploys that
registration clerk, and so on, I suggest we stop and call on the FSF
spokespeople to give their opinion on the matter and maybe resolve it
otherwise.

two sideline remarks:
1. As I mentioned in my blog post, I don't see the financial boycott as
a problem, and I'm even hoping it started moving something, but I have a
real problem with justifying the academic BDS. however after I saw this
Item, I wonder what will I do if more and more Universities ד‚?ere proven
to act the same:
http://www.mako.co.il/news-channel2/Channel-2-Newscast/Article-230c47f2e3f8031004.htm#

2. As usuall, I am suprised how appropriate my random signature comes
out :-)

--
Peacemaker
Ira Abramov