On Sunday 12 June 2011 at 22:24:54 (GMT+2) Oleg Goldshmidt

> f FSF falls under the anti-boycott law (and I don't know that) then
> not only must RMS refuse to visit the PA, he (i.e., FSF) must report
> the "request" (this is the legal term in the context) to the US
> authorities. An important point is that one does not need to support
> the boycott as a matter of policy to break the law, it is enough to
> "co-operate" in an individual instance (including by inaction).

I too am no lawyer.

My guess is that the anti-boycott law has nothing to do with FSF or any
other voluntary organization (like what is called amutah in Hebrew),
which is what I understand FSF to be.

That RMS might be acting illegally in his adherence to a boycott never
occured to me, and I don't think he did. Legal prohibitions quite aside,
his position was one that should not have been accepted by an
organization of Israelis, and indeed it was not. People gullible enough
to regard Israel as a criminal state surely have a different take.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on