On Jun 11, 2012, at 3:25 PM, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
Huh? The modem Golan sent me worked just fine with my N900: voice calls,
SMS and data connections (also as a "modem").

You are confusing SIM and netstick. A SIM (subscriber ID module) is a smart card (serial ROM) with user information for cell phones. A netstick is a USB device that uses cellular networks to emulate a modem.

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM/KBUH7245/KBUW5379
To put it in terms everyone understands, the US debt is over 275 Facebooks.