On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 12:50 PM, ik <ido...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Vala, is a very stupid idea. it's a C# like language that is translated
> into C and then built a native code.

I disagree. I am not familiar with C# so I can't comment on that, but Vala
very nicely reflects the beauty of the GObject system. Especially in C it
is easy to miss that because of the very tedious syntax you need to use,
e.g. to define an derived class. In Vala the syntax is very concise.
Regarding the fact that it compiles to C, as long as I have an automatic
build system, what do I care what it compiles to? But most other high
language bindings to Gtk are just as easy to use (e.g. Python, Lua, or
Haskell).

 With Lazarus, you program in a real programming language, and instead of
> using a middleware, you just cod your code, and the GUI is designed without
> any line of code (unless you have to, or just want to do it like that).

Sorry, I'm not familiar with Lazaurus, but it seems to be based on Pascal.
Unless it's Pascal dialect has changed completely  since my TurboPascal
days, it is still a language that is inferior to e.g. Python or Vala. Don't
know what you mean by "not having to design the GUI". If you want it to
look in a certain way you have to specify that.