Too many ways to do this but if you consider the data you are going to put
on this nas valueable and the hw you are talking about is 2+yrs old then
you better off buying new

With old hw you can never be sure its going to come up next time and
basicly nothing is promised, but for sure stuff can still work for ever
with some miracle and a luck dragon..