Using a PC as a server has several drawbacks:
1. Size
2. Power consumption

A typical ARM based NAS will usually beat a PC in both categories.

BTW, for backing up pictures, if you don't use the RAW file format, you can
use flickr which offers free storage up to 1TB (you can mark all your files
private if you want).

Udi

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Ira Abramov <lists-linux...@ira.abramov.org