Get an actual graphics card. Nvidia are the best. Make sure your power
supply can handle it.

You probably will have to install Windows on it. There are not of games
that actually run on Linux.

Tip. Go to the Micrsoft Windows download page on your phone. It will give
you a link to download an iso file. The link can be used anywhere and is
good for 24 hours.

When you install windows, you will be asked for an activation code. Hit
enter with no code. You then have 30 days to delete windows or buy a code.
Buy a real code from a reputable vendor, not an oem code from eBay or an
online vendor.

Geoff.

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017, 14:44 Amichai Rotman <amic...@iglu.org.il> wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> I'd like to build my own Linux-based Game Machine, for the kids.
>
> Their original request was a Console Machine (Sony PS4) but I thought I'd
> educate them with the Libre Software values...
>
> I didn't realize how hard it will be!
>
> They saved up their allowance and bought the following:
>
> Asus H10 Mini ATX Motherboard/
> Intel i5 CPU w/integrated GPU
> 2X8 GB DDR4 RAM
> 256GB SSD
> 2X SteamControllers
>
> My original idea was to install SteamOS on it. It wouldn't install - got a
> black screen after the first boot.
>
> I ended up installing regular Ubuntu 16.04 and Steam client.
>
> I am not a Gamer, so I find it hard to configure the Steam Controllers and
> finding games - and make them work.
>
> My kids are 11 and 12 years old, and don't have the skills necessary -
> yet...
>
> A friend from work told me to cut my losses and buy them the PS4 with a
> couple of controllers and thus get rid of the head ache...
>
> I am kinda tired of this - the whole thing started last September. Almost
> a year ago!
>
> I am writing to you with hope that one of you out there will be willing to
> come over and help me out with making it work.
>
> I live in Haifa.
>
> Any thoughts / pointers / ideas / constructive criticism will be
> appreciated.
>
> Amichai Rotman.

>From my tablet please pardon mistakes and lack of replies.
Geoffrey Mendelson