here's one. Allocates all the fluff dynamically. It does not create any
dev nodes by itself, so you need to do it (à la mdadm)

I'm afraid that this would break a lot of things, for example mount -o loop will not work anymore unless you create /dev/loop* manually first, am I correct? In this case, this is unusable for many as it is not backward compatible with old loop.c, am I correct?

Tomas M
slax.org