So I'm doing this one day early, because I don't like last-minute pull
requests during the merge window anyway, and tomorrow is mother's day,
so I may end up being roped into various happenings.

Besides, this has actually been a pretty large merge window, so
despite there technically being time for one more day of pulls, I
actually do have enough changes already. So there.

Despite it being fairly large, it has (so far) been pretty smooth. I
don't think I personally saw any breakage at all, which is always
nice. Usually I end up having something break, or trigger some silly
build failure that really should have been noticed before it even got
to me, but so far things are looking good.

Famous last words.

The diffstat for this release looks a bit odd, because it's absolutely
dominated by the new AMD Vega10 header files that have all the
register definitions in them. In fact, that's almost exactly half the
lines of diff in just that.  And if you ignore that part, the new
Intel Atom IPU driver ends up being a noticeable part of the rest.

But if you ignore those two big additions, the statistics look pretty
normal. Two thirds drivers, with the rest being arch updates,
documentation updates and "misc" (filesystems, networking, header
updates, core files).

One thing worth noting - I haven't uploaded diffs or tar-balls for
this rc. Those should now be automagically generated by kernel.org for
the rc's, but that also means that they won't be signed by my key. If
you really care about signing, get the git repo and check the tag.

Go test.

                       Linus

---

Al Viro (7):
    uaccess unification updates
    iov_iter updates
    splice updates
    fs/compat.c cleanups
    vfs fix
    misc vfs updates
    misc vfs updates

Alex Williamson (1):
    VFIO updates

Alexandre Belloni (1):
    RTC updates

Andrew Morton (3):
    misc updates
    more updates
    misc fixes

Arnd Bergmann (1):
    TEE driver infrastructure and OP-TEE drivers

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz (1):
    fbdev updates

Bjorn Helgaas (1):
    PCI updates

Bob Peterson (1):
    GFS2 updates

Borislav Petkov (1):
    EDAC updates

Brian Norris (1):
    MTD updates

Bruce Fields (1):
    nfsd updates

Catalin Marinas (2):
    arm64 updates
    more arm64 updates

Chris Mason (1):
    btrfs updates

Corey Minyard (1):
    IPMI updates

Dan Williams (2):
    libnvdimm updates
    libnvdimm fixes

Darren Hart (1):
    x86 platform-drivers update

Darrick Wong (1):
    xfs updates

Dave Airlie (4):
    drm u pdates
    drm tegra updates
    drm CoC pointer
    drm fixes

David Howells (1):
    hw lockdown support

David Millar (1):
    networking updates

David Miller (4):
    networking fixes
    networking fixes
    sparc updates
    IDE updates

Dmitry Torokhov (2):
    input subsystem updates
    some more input subsystem updates

Doug Ledford (2):
    rdma updates
    more rdma updates

Eric Biederman (1):
    namespace updates

Geert Uytterhoeven (1):
    m68k updates

Greg KH (5):
    USB updates
    driver core updates
    char/misc driver updates
    staging/IIO updates
    tty/serial updates

Guenter Roeck (1):
    hwmon updates

Hans-Christian Noren Egtvedt (1):
    AVR32 removal

Herbert Xu (1):
    crypto updates

Ilya Dryomov (1):
    ceph updates

Ingo Molnar (21):
    EFI updates
    scheduler updates
    locking updates
    perf updates
    RAS updates
    x86 boot updates
    x86 cpu updates
    x86 apic updates
    x86 asm updates
    x86 build update
    x86 cleanups
    x86 debug updates
    x86 irq update
    x86 platform updates
    x86 vdso updates
    x86 mm updates
    RCU updates
    x86 fixes
    stackprotector fixlet
    timer fix
    perf updates/fixes

Jacek Anaszewski (1):
    LED updates

Jaegeuk Kim (1):
    f2fs updates

James Bottomley (1):
    SCSI updates

James Hogan (2):
    metag updates
    MIPS updates

James Morris (1):
    security subsystem updates

Jan Kara (2):
    fsnotify updates
    quota, reiserfs, udf and ext2 updates

Jassi Brar (1):
    mailbox updates

Jens Axboe (4):
    block layer updates
    second round of block layer updates
    block fixes and updates
    block fixes

Jessica Yu (1):
    modules updates

Jiri Kosina (3):
    HID subsystem updates
    livepatch updates
    trivial tree updates

Joerg Roedel (1):
    IOMMU updates

Jonathan Corbet (2):
    documentation update
    more documentation updates

Juergen Gross (2):
    xen updates
    xen fixes

Kees Cook (2):
    pstore updates
    hardened usercopy updates

Lee Jones (2):
    backlight update
    MFD updates

Ley Foon Tan (1):
    nios2 updates

Linus Walleij (2):
    pin control updates
    GPIO updates

Luis de Bethencourt (1):
    befs fix

Mark Brown (2):
    regulator updates
    spi updates

Martin Schwidefsky (1):
    s390 updates

Masahiro Yamada (3):
    Kbuild updates
    misc Kbuild updates
    Kbuild UAPI updates

Mauro Carvalho Chehab (1):
    media updates

Max Filippov (1):
    Xtensa updates

Michael Ellerman (2):
    powerpc updates
    more powerpc updates

Michael Tsirkin (1):
    virtio updates

Mike Marshall (1):
    orangefs updates

Mike Snitzer (3):
    device mapper updates
    additional device mapper updates
    device mapper fixes

Miklos Szeredi (2):
    fuse updates
    overlayfs update

Nicholas Bellinger (1):
    SCSI target updates

Olof Johansson (7):
    misc ARM SoC fixes
    ARM SoC platform updates
    ARM Device-tree updates
    ARM: SoC defconfig updates
    ARM SoC driver updates
    ARM SoC 64-bit changes
    ARM 64-bit DT updates

Paolo Bonzini (2):
    KVM updates
    more KVM updates

Paul Moore (1):
    audit updates

Petr Mladek (1):
    printk updates

Rafael Wysocki (5):
    power management updates
    ACPI updates
    generic device properties framework updates
    more power management updates
    more ACPI updates

Richard Weinberger (2):
    UML fixes