On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 10:00 PM, Casey Schaufler <ca...@schaufler-ca.com> wrote:

> A 'user' attribute can be set by the file owner. A 'security'
> attribute requires privilege. SELinux and Smack use 'security'
> attributes to prevent users from mucking with them. You need
> to create module hooks for manipulating them,

That's nice and clear, I appreciate you explaining it to me.

I'll have a go at updating my toy LSM to do that shortly.  For
reference I placed the patch here, but don't expect to submit it
formally to lkmk as it was more an interesting learning experience:

https://github.com/skx/linux/pull/1

(I did take the time to rename it from steve_lsm.c to whitelist_lsm.c
though, lest I look too vain!)

Steve
--
https://steve.fi/