Hi Hugues,

> Am 23.06.2017 um 12:25 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <h...@goldelico.com>:
>
> Hi Hugues,
>
>> Am 22.06.2017 um 17:41 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <h...@goldelico.com>:
>>

>>> Am 22.06.2017 um 17:05 schrieb Hugues Fruchet <hugues.fruc...@st.com>:
>>>
>>> This patchset enables OV9655 camera support.
>>>
>>> OV9655 support has been tested using STM32F4DIS-CAM extension board
>>> plugged on connector P1 of STM32F746G-DISCO board.
>>> Due to lack of OV9650/52 hardware support, the modified related code
>>> could not have been checked for non-regression.
>>>
>>> First patches upgrade current support of OV9650/52 to prepare then
>>> introduction of OV9655 variant patch.
>>> Because of OV9655 register set slightly different from OV9650/9652,
>>> not all of the driver features are supported (controls). Supported
>>> resolutions are limited to VGA, QVGA, QQVGA.
>>> Supported format is limited to RGB565.
>>> Controls are limited to color bar test pattern for test purpose.
>>>
>>> OV9655 initial support is based on a driver written by H. Nikolaus Schaller
>>> [1].
>>
>> Great!
>
> Thanks again for picking up or work and trying to get it upstream.
>

>> I will test as soon as possible.

Here are some more test results and fixes:

> I have tried and had to fix some issues first:
> * gpio properties have a different name than in our approach (but that is
> something maintainers have to decide and is easy to follow this or that way)
> * there is no clock-frequency property which makes the driver request a clock
> frequency (something our camera interface expects this way)

This can indeed be replaced by assigned-clock-rates and no additional
driver code. So there is no need to implement anything new here.

> * there is no vana-supply regulator and we need that to power on/off the
> camera on demand (reset and pwdn isn't enough in our hardware)

this is something we still need to have added by patch

<http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=blobdiff;f=drivers/media/i2c/ov9650.c;h=ed5d0a53a9c72036d6e017094b68111b5eb7f00d;hp=c0819afdcefcb19da351741d51dad00aaf909254;hb=da8ae2b038a448c8f822b3a4f20ed378db6d2934;hpb=6db55fc472eea2ec6db03833df027aecf6649f88>

> * for some unknown reason the driver does not load automatically from DT
> compatibility string and needs to be explicitly modprobed

This turned out to be because the i2c device ids are upper case while
compatible-strings
are lower-case. See comment for patch 6/6.

BR and looking forward to v2,
Nikolaus