Date:        Sun, 7 Jan 2001 23:55:28 -0600 (CST)
   From: Paul Cassella <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   [1.] One line summary of the problem:

   write() returns -1 and sets errno non-sensically.  2.4.0{,-ac[23]}

What you describe I can only say is "impossible".

There are only four cases when _ANY_ part of the ipv4 networking stack
can return ESRCH.  These four cases are:

1) Adding a route
2) Deleting a route
3) Adding a FIB routing rule
3) Removing a FIB routing rule

None of them can occur via TCP socket writes (only netlink socket
operations or socket control calls).

Therefore I suspect you are perhaps getting rather some form of memory
corruption or similar, really, please search the networking code for
ESRCH value usage, you will see.

Later,
David S. Miller
[EMAIL PROTECTED]