On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 9:35 PM youling 257 <youling...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have build error about kernel/sys.c,
>
> kernel/sys.c: In function ‘prctl_set_vma’:
> kernel/sys.c:2392:18: error:
> ‘struct mm_struct’ has no member named ‘mmap_sem’; did you mean
> ‘mmap_base’?
>   2392 |  down_write(&mm->mmap_sem);
>        |                  ^~~~~~~~
>        |                  mmap_base
> kernel/sys.c:2402:16: error:
> ‘struct mm_struct’ has no member named ‘mmap_sem’; did you mean
> ‘mmap_base’?
>   2402 |  up_write(&mm->mmap_sem);
>        |                mmap_base
>
> why not rename kernel/sys.c mmap_sem to mmap_lock?

The proper fix would be to use the mmap locking apis defined in
include/linux/mmap_lock.h instead.

However I would like more information about your report. Did you apply
the series yourself ? If so, what base tree did you apply it onto ? If
not, what tree did you use that already included the series ?

Michel "Walken" Lespinasse
A program is never fully debugged until the last user dies.