On 06/17/2009 09:43 AM, Hans Verkuil wrote:
Hi,

I recently have been bying second hand usb webcams left and right
one of them (a creative unknown model) uses the cpia1 chipset, and
works with the v4l1 driver currently in the kernel.

One of these days I would like to convert it to a v4l2 driver using
gspca as basis, this however will cause us to loose parallel port support
(that or we need to keep the old code around for the parallel port
version).

I personally think that loosing support for the parallel port
version is ok given that the parallel port itself is rapidly
disappearing, what do you think ?

I agree wholeheartedly. If we remove pp support, then we can also remove
the bw-qcam and c-qcam drivers since they too use the parallel port.

Ok :)

BTW, I also have a cpia1 camera available for testing. I can also test
ov511 (I saw that you added support for that to gspca). Ditto for the
stv680 and w9968cf.

Note that I can mail these devices to you if you want to work on
integrating them into gspca. I'm pretty sure I won't have time for that
myself.

Yes I want to work on integrating them into gspca (as time permits).
If you could mail them to me that would be great! Esp the w9968cf one,
once that is moved to gspca, we can get rid of the entire ovcamchip stuff
(eventually it would be good to move to a model where the sensor drivers
 are seperated again, but I'm waiting to see what comes out of the
 soc / ov7660 discussion for this).

I'll send my postal address in a private mail.