Hi,

On 06/17/2009 05:23 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
Em Wed, 17 Jun 2009 16:41:23 +0200
Hans de Goede<hdego...@redhat.com>  escreveu:

Hi all,

On 06/17/2009 04:28 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
Em Wed, 17 Jun 2009 12:59:59 +0200
Hans de Goede<hdego...@redhat.com>   escreveu:

<snip>

As for usbvideo that supports (amongst others) the st6422 (from the out of tree
qc-usb-messenger driver), but only one usb-id ??. I'm currently finishing up
adding
st6422 support to gspca (with all known usb-id's), I have 2 different cams to
test this with.
I have here one Logitech quickcam. There are several variants, and the in-tree
and out-tree drivers support different models. I can test it here and give you
a feedback. However, I don't have the original driver for it.

Ok, what is its usb id (they tend to be unique for Logitech cams) ?

The one I have is this one:

Bus 005 Device 003: ID 046d:08f6 Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Messenger Plus

This is supported by one quickcam driver.

Ah, that is one of the 2 models I have access to, so I can promise you that one
will work fine
with the new st6422 support I'm doing.

zc0301
only supports one usb-id which has not yet been tested with gspca, used to
claim a lot more
usb-id's but didn't actually work with those as it only supported the bridge,
not the sensor
->   remove it now ?
I have one zc0301 cam that works with this driver. The last time I checked, it
didn't work with gspca. I'll double check.

Ok, let me know how it goes.

The zc0301 camera is this one:

Bus 005 Device 002: ID 046d:08ae Logitech, Inc. QuickCam for Notebooks

zc0301 driver says this:

[98174.672464] zc0301: V4L2 driver for ZC0301[P] Image Processor and Control
Chip v1:1.10
[98174.672517] usb 5-2: ZC0301[P] Image Processor and Control Chip detected
(vid/pid 0x046D:0x08AE)
[98174.713717] usb 5-2: PAS202BCB image sensor detected

The cam works as expected.

Hmm, bummer I don't have any zc3xx test cams with a pas202b sensor, guess I
need to find one :)

I probably won't go to LPC this year, since I'm programming to be at Japan Linux
Symposium in October, and it seems too much jet leg for me to be in Portland in
Sept and in Japan in Oct ;)

Ah too bad, but understandable.