On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Miroslav Pragl
<lists.subscri...@pragl.cz> wrote:
> Devin,
> thank you very much.
>
> I downloaded, compiled and installed drivers from current (today) hg
> repository o linuxtv.org, attached Pinnacle dongle, scanned.
>
> The log files are quite large so i ZIPed them and made available at
> http://pragl.com/tmp/em28xx_logs.zip
> They are:
>
> 1. messages.txt - relevant paert of /var/log/messages after plugging the
> dongle in
>
> 2. scan.txt - output from `scan cz-Praha` (my location) you can see scan
> locks on first frequency (634000000), finds correctly couple of channels
> then fails on other frequencies
>
> 3. scan2.txt - same scan but I commented-out 1st frequency (634000000) so
> scan successfully starts from following one (674000000) and the situation
> repeats - only this one gets scanned, following are not
>
> Hope I described it clearly :)
>
> I really appreciate your help

Interesting.  I just looked at SebaX75's usbmon trace, and I have a
suspicion as to what is going on.  If one of you is feeling
adventurous, try the following

unplug the device
comment out line 181 of file v4l/em28xx-cards.c so it looks like:

//   {EM2880_R04_GPO,        0x04,   0xff,          100},/* zl10353 reset */

make && make install && make unload
plug in device
Attempt a scan

Let me know if that causes it to lock on more than just the first frequency.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com