> Hi Hans,
>
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Hans Verkuil <hverk...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Currently, there are 2 drivers which have exactly the functionality
>>> that you have mentioned. The first one is an AV7110 based device and
>>> the other one is a STi7109 SOC based device.
>>>
>>> With regards to the AV7110 based hardware, you can have a look at
>>> linux/drivers/media/dvb/ttpci/ *
>>>
>>> And with regards to the STi7109 SOC based, you can have a look at
>>> http://jusst.de/hg/saa716x/
>>> linux/drivers/media/common/saa716x/ *
>>> specifically you will need to look at saa716x_ff.c/h for the STi7109
>>> related stuff
>>>

>>> Both the AV7110 and STi7109 SOC feature a OSD interface, in addition
>>> to the audio and video layers. which you can see from the drivers,
>>> themselves. Additionally the STi7109 SOC features HDMI outputs. The
>>> AV7110 based cards, they incorporate DVB-S/C/T frontends for different
>>> products. The STi7109 product that we have currently features only a
>>> DVB-S/S2 system only, though that doesn't make any difference at all.
>>
>> The AV7110 OSD is not framebuffer based AFAIK. So probably not a good
>> place to look.
>

> It doesn't support OSD ?

I didn't say that. Of course it supports an OSD. Just not through a
traditional /dev/fbX device which allows you to put Qt or whatever on top
of it. Instead it requires custom commands to use it. I'm assuming that
the SoC Michael is talking about is framebuffer based in which case ivtv
is the closest match.