Hi,

On 02/23/2010 10:01 AM, Hans Verkuil wrote:

Hi,

On 02/22/2010 11:54 PM, Brandon Philips wrote:
On 18:24 Sat 23 Jan 2010, Hans de Goede wrote:
lib/
        libv4l1/
        libv4l2/
        libv4lconvert/
utils/
        v4l2-dbg
        v4l2-ctl
        cx18-ctl
        ivtv-ctl
contrib/
        test/
        everything else

    git clone git://ifup.org/philips/create-v4l-utils.git
    cd create-v4l-utils/
    ./convert.sh

You should now have v4l-utils.git which should have this directory
struture. If we need to move other things around let me know and I can
tweak name-filter.sh

Ok, so this will give me a local tree, how do I get this onto linuxtv.org
?

Also I need someone to pull:
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~hgoede/libv4l

(this only contains libv4l commits)

Into the:
http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb

Repository, I guess I can ask this directly to Douglas?

Thoughts?

I've one question, I think we want to do tarbal releases
from this new repo (just like I've been doing with libv4l for a while
already), and then want distro's to pick up these releases, right ?

Are we going to do separate tarbals for the lib and utils directories,
or one combined tarbal. I personally vote for one combined tarbal.

But this means we will be inflicting some pains on distro's because their
libv4l packages will go away and be replaced by a new v4l-utils package.

I would call it media-utils. A nice name and it reflects that it contains
both dvb and v4l utilities.

Well, the judge is still out on also adding the dvb utils to this git repo.
I'm neutral on that issue, but I will need a co-maintainer for those bits
if they end up in the new v4l-utils repo too.

About the name, if the dvb utils get added and we want to reflect that, lets
call it v4l-dvb-utils. media-utils is not a very descriptive name for v4l-dvb
project outsiders.

This is something distro's should be able to handle (it happens more
often, and I
know Fedora has procedures for this).

An alternative would be to name the repo and the tarbals libv4l, either is
fine
with me (although I'm one of the distro packagers who is going to feel the
pain
of a package rename and as such wouldn't mind using libv4l as name for the
repo and the new tarbals).

We never had a proper release procedure for all the utilities. It's about
time that we start with that and do proper packaging. So I'd rather make a
clean new start now instead of just patching things up.

Well we need to do some patching up anyways as I would like to align the
versioning of these new tarbals with libv4l versioning, so the first release
/ tarbal will most likely be something-0.8.0.tar.gz