On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 3:26 AM, Hans Verkuil <hverk...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Question: shouldn't we merge dvb-apps and v4l-utils? The alevtv tool was
> merged into dvb-apps, but while that tool supports dvb, it also supports
> v4l2. Just like we merged dvb and v4l in a single repository, so I think we
> should also merge the tools to a media-utils repository.

Alevt was never maintained. One of the guys who sent a patch wanted a
place to hold his patch and hence it is there.

If you have a better place to put it up, please do let me know. It's
place is not in the dvb-apps tree. It has other dependencies, hence
the build for it is disabled by default.

> It remains a fact of life that dvb and v4l are connected and trying to
> artificially keep them apart does not make much sense to me.

In fact, I don't see anything that's what is common in the digital and
analog applications.

Other than that, I don't see a single line of code from you, in
dvb-apps to make such assertive statements.

Regards,
Manu