Hi,

On 03/12/2010 01:21 AM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
Hi Hans,

As we've agreed that the idea is to allow multiple people to commit at
v4l-utils,
today, I've added 3 commits at v4l-utils tree (2 keycode-related and 1 is
.gitignore
stuff). One of the reasons were to test the viability for such commits.

I've temporarily enabled the same script that we use for upstream patches to
generate patches against linuxtv-commits ML.

 From my experiences, I have some notes:
        1) git won't work fine if more than one is committing at the same tree.
The reason is simple: it won't preserve the same group as the previous commits.
So,
the next committer will have troubles if we allow multiple committers;

I assume you are talking about some issues with permissions on the server side
here ?

        2) people need to pull/rebase before pushing, if we fix the group
permission
issue above. I've enabled a hook that is meant to avoid rebase upstream, to
prevent
troubles if people push something with -f. I hope it works fine.

Ack, actually I just did that (rebase my local tree before pushing) as you
pushed
some changes before I did.

In summary, for now, I think that the better is to post all patches to
v4l-utils at ML
and ask Hans to merge them.

Yes and no, if you've a few patches, sure. If you are doing regular development
you should
get commit access. In my experience in various projects multiple people pushing
to the
same git tree will work fine.