On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 5:55 PM, Javier Martinez Canillas
<martinez.jav...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We hack a few bits of the ISP CCDC driver to support ITU-R BT656
> interlaced data with embedded syncs video format and ported the
> tvp5150 driver to the MCF so it can be detected as a sub-device and be
> part of the OMAP ISP image processing pipeline (as a source pad).

That was already posted on the list [1], there was some discussion but
i don't know what's the status/plan to get it into mainline.

And, as you can see in [2], don't expect many comments :D

[1]: http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg37710.html
[2]: http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg37116.html

>> Even if it does detect the signal shape (NTSC, PAL), doesn't one still need
>> to [externally] configure the pads for this shape?
>>

> Yes, that is why I wanted to do the auto-detection for the tvp5151, so
> we only have to manually configure the ISP components (or any other
> hardware video processing pipeline entities, sorry for my
> OMAP-specific comments).

Laurent was not very happy [3] about changing video formats out of the
driver control, so this should be discussed more.

[3]: http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-omap/msg56983.html

> I didn't know that the physical connection affected the video output
> format, I thought that it was only a physical medium to carry the same
> information, sorry if my comments are silly but I'm really newbie with
> video in general.

I think you got it right, i haven't tested it but the output format
shouldn't be affected by the video source( if it stays pal/ntsc of
course). Maybe you will get only a different "active" video area so
only cropping will be affected.

Enrico