On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 11:42 PM, Gary Thomas <g...@mlbassoc.com> wrote:
> Any ideas on this?  My naive attempt (diffs attached) just hangs up.
> These changes disable BT-656 mode in the CCDC and tell the TVP5150
> to output raw YUV 4:2:2 data including all SYNC signals.

I tried that too, you will need to change many of the is_bt656 into
is_fldmode. For isp configuration it seems that the only difference
between the two is (more or less) just the REC656 register. I made a
hundred attempts and in the end i had a quite working capture (just
not centered) but ghosting always there.

I made another test and by luck i got a strange thing, look at the
following image:

http://postimage.org/image/2d610pjk4/

(It's noisy because of a hardware problem)

I made it with these changes:

//ccdc_config_outlineoffset(ccdc, pix.bytesperline, EVENEVEN, 1);
ccdc_config_outlineoffset(ccdc, pix.bytesperline, EVENODD, 1);
//ccdc_config_outlineoffset(ccdc, pix.bytesperline, ODDEVEN, 1);
ccdc_config_outlineoffset(ccdc, pix.bytesperline, ODDODD, 1);

So you have an image with a field with no offset, and a field with offsets.

Now if you look between my thumb and my forefinger behind them there's
a monoscope picture and in one field you can see 2 black squares, in
the other one you can see 3 black squares. So the two field that will
be composing a single image differ very much.

Now the questions are: is this expected to happen on an analogue video
source and we can't do anything (apart from software deinterlacing)?
is this a problem with tvp5150? Is this a problem with the isp?

Enrico