On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 2:52 PM, Gary Thomas <g...@mlbassoc.com> wrote:
> On 2011-10-13 06:32, Enrico wrote:
>> Looking at the single images (top and bottom) i don't see ghosting
>> artifacts (not only in that image but in a sequence of 16 frames),
>> just a little blurry in moving parts but that's expected in an
>> interlaced video. So it seems to me that the images arrive correctly
>> at the isp and the deinterlacing causes ghosting.
>
> Is there any way to prove this by doing the de-interlacing in software?

I just tested software deinterlacing (with gstreamer) and i can
confirm it works very well, it removes ghosting completely.

It will cause other problems that have a big performance impact
(colorspace conversions, doubled framerates...) but that's another
story, and i don't know if this is the appropriate place to talk about
them.

So i don't think it's the tvp51xx to blame or the isp, you will have
to deinterlace with any analog decoder (unless it has integrated
deinterlacing).

Enrico