On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 2:52 PM, Gary Thomas <g...@mlbassoc.com> wrote:
> On 2012-01-19 06:35, Gary Thomas wrote:
>> My camera init code is attached. In the previous kernel, the I2C bus was
>> probed implicitly when I initialized the OMAP3ISP. I thought I remembered
>> some discussion about how that worked (maybe changing), so this is
>> probably
>> where the problem starts.
>>
>> If you have an example, I can check my setup against it.
>

> Note: I reworked how the sensor+I2C was initialized to be
>        omap3_init_camera(&cobra3530p73_isp_platform_data);
>
>  omap_register_i2c_bus(cobra3530p73_isp_platform_data.subdevs->subdevs[0].i2c_adapter_id,
> 400,
>
>  cobra3530p73_isp_platform_data.subdevs->subdevs[0].board_info, 1);
>
> The TVP5150 is now found, but 'media-ctl -p' still dies :-(

Have a look at [1] (the linux_3.2.bb file to see the list of
patches,inside linux-3.2 directory for the actual patches), it's based
on mainline kernel 3.2 and the bt656 patches i submitted months ago,
it should be easy to adapt it for you board.

<rant>
Really, there are patches for all these problems since months (from
me, Javier, TI), but because no maintainer cared (apart from Laurent)
they were never reviewed/applied and there is always someone who comes
back with all the usual problems (additional yuv format, bt656 mode,
tvp5150 that doesn't work...).
</rant>

Enrico

[1]: https://github.com/ebutera/meta-igep/tree/master/recipes-kernel/linux