On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Enrico <ebut...@users.berlios.de> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Gary Thomas <g...@mlbassoc.com> wrote:

>>> The attached patches produce a working setup against Laurent's tree above.
>>> That said, I don't recall exactly where which changes came from (I'm old
>>> school and not very git savvy, sorry). I've CC'd all the folks I think
>>> provided at least part of these changes. Perhaps we can all work together
>>> to come up with a proper set of patches which can be pushed upstream
>>> for this, once and for all?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> Ping!  Is no one but me interested in getting these changes into
>> the mainline?
>
> I am interested, i didn't have time to test it but i will for sure.
>
> And i think it's important to test non bt656/yuv sensors too, but i
> have no hardware for that.
>
> Enrico

I had some time to test your patches, i can confirm they work in my
setup too but i have some doubts.

1- in the tvp5150 driver there is a hardcoded pal height (active area)
of 576px, while it's true that it's the max pal area you will get i
think it's wrong to force it in the driver because you will loose some
image area (see [1] and [2]). It is better to return the max frame
size and let the application crop it. And if i'm not wrong i think
Javier posted a patch to add crop support in tvp5150 driver and that's
even better.

2- as you can see from [1] and [2] image quality is very different,
but i think it's just that in [1] top/bottom fields are swapped.

For the above reasons and if there is a general consensus i propose to
Laurent to just have a look at the patches i made some time ago (and i
use everyday) from [3] and [4]. They are against mainline kernel but
can be ported to whatever branch, once and for all.

Enrico

[1]: http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/1208/frame08.png
[2]: http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/81/frame081.png
[3]: