On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 11:09 AM, Enrico <ebut...@users.berlios.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Florian Vaussard
> <florian.vauss...@epfl.ch> wrote:
>> So I converted the iommu to DT (patches just sent), used pdata quirks
>> for the isp / mtv9032 data, added a few patches from other people
>> (mainly clk to fix a crash when deferring the omap3isp probe), and a few
>> small hacks. I get a 3.13-rc3 (+ board-removal part from Tony Lindgren)
>> to boot on DT with a working MT9V032 camera. The missing part is the DT
>> binding for the omap3isp, but I guess that we will have to wait a bit
>> more for this.
>>
>> If you want to test, I have a development tree here [1]. Any feedback is
>> welcome.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Florian
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/vaussard/linux/commits/overo-for-3.14/iommu/dt
>
> Thanks Florian,
>
> i will report what i get with my setup.

And here i am.

I can confirm it works, video source is tvp5150 (with platform data in
pdata-quirks.c) in bt656 mode.

Laurent, i used the two bt656 patches from your omap3isp/bt656 tree so
if you want to push it you can add a Tested-by me.

There is only one problem, but it's unrelated to your DT work.

It's an old problem (see for example [1] and [2]), seen by other
people too and it seems it's still there.
Basically if i capture with yavta while the system is idle then it
just waits without getting any frame.
If i add some cpu load (usually i do a "cat /dev/zero" in a ssh
terminal) it starts capturing correctly.

The strange thing is that i do get isp interrupts in the idle case, so
i don't know why they don't "propagate" to yavta.

Any hints on how to debug this?

Enrico

[1]: https://linuxtv.org/patch/7836/
[2]: https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@vger.kernel.org/msg44923.html