On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 12:55 PM, Julien BERAUD <julien.ber...@parrot.com> wrote:

> Le 07/01/2014 11:12, Enrico a écrit :
>
>> On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Julien BERAUD <julien.ber...@parrot.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I have had what looked a lot like these problems before and it was due to
>>> wrong configuration of the ccdc cropping regarding to the blanking. Could
>>> you send me the configuration of the pipeline that you apply with
>>> media-ctl,
>>> just in case this is the same problem.
>>
>> i'm using:
>>
>> media-ctl -r -l '"tvp5150 2-005c":0->"OMAP3 ISP CCDC":0[1], "OMAP3 ISP
>> CCDC":1->"OMAP3 ISP CCDC output":0[1]'
>> media-ctl --set-format '"tvp5150 2-005c":0 [UYVY 720x625]'
>>
>> And then capture with yavta -s 720x625 (or 720x576, can't remember right
>> now).
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Enrico
>
> I don't think this is sufficient, though I am no expert about omap3 isp, you
> should configure the format of the ccdc input and of the ccdc output too.
> When I had this problem, it was solved by adding cropping at the input of
> the CCDC, corresponding to the blanking period, which was :
> - media-ctl -v -f '"OMAP3 ISP CCDC":0 [UYVY2X8 720x576 (0,49/720x576)]'
> or
> - media-ctl -v -f '"OMAP3 ISP CCDC":0 [UYVY2X8 720x480 (0,45/720x480)]'
> respectively.
>
> I don't know if this can be of any help.
>
> Regards,
> Julien BERAUD

It seems i can't set cropping at the CCDC input (sink), but i can on
output (source):

- entity 5: OMAP3 ISP CCDC (3 pads, 9 links)
            type V4L2 subdev subtype Unknown flags 0
            device node name /dev/v4l-subdev2
        pad0: Sink
                [fmt:UYVY2X8/720x625]
                <- "OMAP3 ISP CCP2":1 []
                <- "OMAP3 ISP CSI2a":1 []
                <- "tvp5150 1-005c":0 [ENABLED]
        pad1: Source
                [fmt:UYVY2X8/720x576
                 crop.bounds:(0,0)/720x624
                 crop:(0,48)/720x576]
                -> "OMAP3 ISP CCDC output":0 [ENABLED]
                -> "OMAP3 ISP resizer":0 []
        pad2: Source
                [fmt:unknown/720x624]
                -> "OMAP3 ISP preview":0 []
                -> "OMAP3 ISP AEWB":0 [ENABLED,IMMUTABLE]
                -> "OMAP3 ISP AF":0 [ENABLED,IMMUTABLE]
                -> "OMAP3 ISP histogram":0 [ENABLED,IMMUTABLE]

The strange thing is that with these settings the situation is even
worse, i don't get any frames in yavta (while i see interrupts on
omap3isp) even with the "cat /dev/zero" trick.

So you are right, playing with cropping can make it work or not, are
you sure you could set cropping at the ccdc input?

Enrico