Hi Mauro,

On 12/03/14 14:00, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
[...]
> As I commented before: those complex API changes should ideally
> be discussed during our mini-summits, as it allows us to better
> understand the hole proposal and the taken approach.

We discussed this in a dedicated brainstorming meeting in Edinburgh,
with Sakari, Laurent, Andrzej. IIRC you didn't take part in that
discussions for some reason.
After we initially agreed on the API Hans started working on the
actual implementation. He put much effort and did a pretty good
job IMO. I guess we just need to refine any controversial aspects
that might be there and move forward with the API. :)

Sylwester