On 09/21/2014 05:26 PM, JPT wrote:
Hi,

I want to turn my Netgear ReadyNAS RN104 into a VDR.
I already run a self made kernel 3.16.3) and plain debian on it.
For hardware and software details see http://natisbad.org/NAS3/

I recently compiled those DVB modules into the kernel.
And after a lot of struggle to get a clean build, I succeeded in loading
the modules:
dvb_usb_technisat_usb2, dvb_usb, dvb_core, stv090x, rc_core

but device recognition somehow does not fully work.

usb 2-1: new high-speed USB device number 3 using xhci_hcd
usb 2-1: New USB device found, idVendor=14f7, idProduct=0500
usb 2-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
usb 2-1: Product: TechniSat USB device
usb 2-1: Manufacturer: TechniSat Digital
usb 2-1: SerialNumber: ************
technisat-usb2: set alternate setting
technisat-usb2: firmware version: 17.63
dvb-usb: found a 'Technisat SkyStar USB HD (DVB-S/S2)' in warm state.
dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
demuxer.
dvb-usb: Technisat SkyStar USB HD (DVB-S/S2) error while loading driver
(-12)
usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_technisat_usb2

How my I find out more about the error -12? It's a lot of wrapped
"return ret" in the code...
Is there any way of enabling more logging?

I believe it comes from the dvb-usb-technisat-usb2 module, but there is
no c file?

http://www.virtsync.com/c-error-codes-include-errno

#define ENOMEM      12  /* Out of memory */

Likely allocating USB stream buffers fails. You could try request smaller buffers. Drop count to 1 and test. Drop framesperurb to 1 and test. Drop framesize to 1 and test. Surely streaming will not work if all buffers are totally wrong and too small, but you will see if it is due to big usb buffers. Then you could try optimize buffers smaller.

                        .stream = {
                                .type = USB_ISOC,
                                .count = 8,
                                .endpoint = 0x2,