On 06/28/2016 10:10 PM, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> On 06/28/2016 08:54 PM, Tim Harvey wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 3:48 PM, Steve Longerbeam <slongerb...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Tested on imx6q SabreAuto with ADV7180, and imx6q SabreSD with
>>> mipi-csi2 OV5640. There is device-tree support also for imx6qdl
>>> SabreLite, but that is not tested. Also, this driver should
>>> theoretically work on i.MX5 targets, but that is also untested.
>>>
>>> Not run through v4l2-compliance yet, but that is in my queue.
>>>

>> Steve,
>>
>> I've tested this series successfully with a Gateworks Ventana GW5300
>> which has an IMX6Q and an adv7180 attached to IPU2_CSI1.
>>
>> First of all, a big 'thank you' for taking the time to rebase and
>> re-submit this series!
>>
>> However based on the lack of feedback of the individual patches as
>
> It's on my TODO list, but the series was a lot larger than I expected (and
> touched on a lot of subsystems as well), so I postponed looking at this
> until I have a bit more time.

I scanned through it and the only thing I won't accept in staging is the
adv7180 driver. I also have a question about patch 28, but I'll ask that
separately. The ov5642 is also a duplicate, but the mainline version is tied
to soc_camera, so I have no problem with adding a non-soc-camera driver.

>> well as the fact they touch varied subsystems I think we are going to
>> have better luck getting this functionality accepted if you broke it
>> into separate series.
>>
>> Here are my thoughts:
>>
>>>   gpu: ipu-v3: Add Video Deinterlacer unit
>>>   gpu: ipu-cpmem: Add ipu_cpmem_set_uv_offset()
>>>   gpu: ipu-cpmem: Add ipu_cpmem_get_burstsize()
>>>   gpu: ipu-v3: Add ipu_get_num()
>>>   gpu: ipu-v3: Add IDMA channel linking support
>>>   gpu: ipu-v3: Add ipu_set_vdi_src_mux()
>>>   gpu: ipu-v3: Add VDI input IDMAC channels
>>>   gpu: ipu-v3: Add ipu_csi_set_src()
>>>   gpu: ipu-v3: Add ipu_ic_set_src()
>>>   gpu: ipu-v3: set correct full sensor frame for PAL/NTSC
>>>   gpu: ipu-v3: Fix CSI data format for 16-bit media bus formats
>>>   gpu: ipu-v3: Fix IRT usage
>>>   gpu: ipu-v3: Fix CSI0 blur in NTSC format
>>>   gpu: ipu-ic: Add complete image conversion support with tiling
>>>   gpu: ipu-ic: allow multiple handles to ic
>>>   gpu: ipu-v3: rename CSI client device
>>
>> These are all enhancements to the ipu-v3 driver shared by DRM and
>> maintained by Philipp Zabel and there is no way to 'stage' them.
>> Philipp, these have bee submitted previously with little to no changes
>> or feedback - can we get sign-off or comment on these from you?
>
> I'd like to know the status of this as well. If this can't go in, then
> accepting the v4l2 driver in staging will likely be very difficult if not
> impossible.

This is the first thing that needs to happen. Philipp, please take a look at
this!

Thanks,