Linux-Misc Digest #607, Volume #21               Mon, 30 Aug 99 23:13:09 EDT

Contents:
  bash shell script (Bart Vanherck)
  Re: Linux Journal or Linux Magazine (Scott Lanning)
  Re: AZTECH MDP3858-W 56K Modem ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Re: This is probably a simple one :) (Davis Eric)
  Re: Netscape crashes on RH6.0 with javascript ("Christopher W. Aiken")
  Re: shellscript: i need a tmp filename how get a unique one ? (Jayan M)
  Re: NTFS not supported in kernel? (Jayan M)
  Re: This is why RH 6.0 really sucks! (Leslie Mikesell)
  Re: why not C++? (Phil Hunt)
  Re: Enough is enough ("Christopher W. Aiken")
  Re: Writing bash daemon (David Taylor)
  WARNING!!  wu-2.4.2 == DEATH!!  Re: wu_ftp help needed, Please read at least.
(Cameron L. Spitzer)
  Re: TOP doesn't show 128MB ("Christopher W. Aiken")
  Re: hardware compression with DAT drive? ("Warren Rodie")
  Re: *nix vs. MS security (Thomas L|fgren)
  Re: Enough is enough ("Steve D. Perkins")
  Re: ppp problems with some utilities (Jayan M)
  Re: dump and restore between OS's? (Christian Weisgerber)
  Re: Newbie Installing Kernel problems - starting X (Adrian Hands)
  Re: This is why RH 6.0 really sucks! (Paul Kimoto)
  Re: New terminal device? ("T.E.Dickey")
  Help! Hard drive IRQ timeouts! ("Bart Silverstrim")

From: Bart Vanherck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: bash shell script
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 15:24:29 +0200

Hello,

I am writing a little script that copies some files from one directory
to another.
I have an index file that contains the names of the files that must be
copied in the
selected directory.
For this script I want to see a line in that file, but how can I do this
?

The script on the command line is as follows    " cpfiles  <index-file>
"
The destination is always the current directory.
For the script I want to examine the index-file.

Bart

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Scott Lanning)
Subject: Re: Linux Journal or Linux Magazine
Date: 31 Aug 1999 00:34:09 GMT

Kenny A. Chaffin ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> If you don't have anthing constructive to add the just shut up.
> I don't understand why it is some people feel they need to abuse
> others. I guess it builds up their small egos or something....

Heh, that's ironic because the reason I got into this thread was
because you'd been abusive to the original responder.

Anyway, grow some balls. Wuss.

--
Scott Lanning: [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://physics.bu.edu/~slanning
"If there were gods, how could I bear to be no god?

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: AZTECH MDP3858-W 56K Modem
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 01:07:27 GMT

This is a Controllerless modem. It currently only has drivers support
for Windows. It will not work under Linux.

Roy

From: Davis Eric <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.os.linux,comp.os.linux,comp.os.linux.help
Subject: Re: This is probably a simple one :)
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 01:18:42 GMT

Hi, there,

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  DanH <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Vincent Padua wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm not looking for the specific answer, however, I'm curious about
> > what's broken here and then i'll hunt it down how to fix it.  :)
I'm
> > trying to learn!
> >
> > Okay, I've got RH 6.0 on my box.  I telnet into a bsdi box (4.0.1)
and
> > then try to open an xterm from there and i get this error:
>
> First, don't telnet to the other box.  Use rsh, rlogin, or better yet,
> disable all those and get SSH.  Future reference, GET SSH.  Okay onto
> your problem.
>

> > _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't get address for foo.bar.com
> > xterm Xt error: Can't open display: foo.bar.com:0.0
> >
> > So i thought maybe it was the xhost stuff, so I completely disabled
> > anyform of authentication:
> >
> > xhost +
>
> That's fine and dandy, you've done half of the steps :)
>
> Now, in the window you have your OTHER box on, type
>
> DISPLAY=<hostname>:0
>
> Change the hostname to whatever box you're sitting at.

I have also met this problem when I dialed up to my ISP from home and
then telnet to the server in my department. I didin't try DISPLAY=...
stuff. Myabe that is the reason.

Maybe it is a stupid question, but can anybody tell me why not use
telnet but rsh? Is there any crutial difference between theses two?

Thanks,

Davis

From: "Christopher W. Aiken" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Netscape crashes on RH6.0 with javascript
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 21:15:30 -0500

The RH faq pages have a quick fix for this
problem.  It has to do with the installed fonts.

...cwa

Ganesh wrote:

> Whenever I access any webpage with javascript, netscape
> crashes. Do I need to need any patch(either RH6.0 or JVM) ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ganesh

Christopher W. Aiken
SuSE 6.1, Kernel 2.2.5

The box said 'WIN95/98 or better.' so I installed LINUX!

------------------------------

From: Jayan M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: shellscript: i need a tmp filename how get a unique one ?
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 23:27:41 GMT

Also remember to use the process id or user id also in some way,
if you need real 'uniqueness'. Remember linux is real-time
multiuser not like window~1, so consider the fact that two
users (or one user from multiple consoles) might be running
your app at the same time..

Jayan

From: Jayan M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: NTFS not supported in kernel?
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 23:31:52 GMT

I have seen that tom's root included ntfs write
support at some point (1.6.2*), so it must be
'doable'. I have tried it out once to break an NT machine
and change the sysadmin's password.. (the infamous
login.scr hack)
and it did work.. my replacement login.scr was about 4K
versus the system one was about 32K or so, even though
the file got replaced, the directory entry was still showing
32K (the real old size)

Jayan

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Leslie Mikesell)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Re: This is why RH 6.0 really sucks!
Date: 30 Aug 1999 09:49:01 -0500

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Jack Zhu  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Any distribution will come up with the same error message concerning
>> System.map. All you have to do is copy the System.map from /usr/src/linux to
>> /boot... That removes the message... Simple.
>
>But I upgrade the kernel of RH5.0 from 2.0.32 to 2.2.1, there's no such warning
>message. Why?

Maybe you did it right that time???  RedHat puts the boot kernel under
/boot by default so you can use a small /boot partition at the beginning
of a large drive and avoid bios problems when loading the kernel.  However
it does not change the workings of lilo or the meaning of things in
/etc/lilo.conf.  If you adjust that to match whatever you did when
installing a new kernel it will work.  'make install' should do the
right thing, but it is always a good idea to check before rebooting.

  Les Mikesell

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Phil Hunt)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.development.apps,comp.os.linux.development.system
Subject: Re: why not C++?
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 99 22:04:29 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
           [EMAIL PROTECTED]  writes:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Phil Hunt) wrote:
> >Since you feel like that, may I suggest you design something better.
>
> Thats a bit like asking someone who thinks the space shuttle is an
> over complex
> and over expensive piece of kit to go design a better vehicle in their
> garage.

I disagree. I contend that it is possible for a person working on their
own in their spare time to design a reasonable programming language, and
implement a (perhaps crude and scaled-down) version of same. For
example, Python.

> However , your bluff is (almost) called my friend:
>
> ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/languages/loor/loor020.tgz
>
> Its an interpreted OO language I'm working on in my spare time.

Good for you!

--
Phil [EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------

From: "Christopher W. Aiken" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Enough is enough
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 21:12:23 -0500

When you are right, you are right.
I whole heartedly agree with you...

...cwa

From: David Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: gnu.bash
Subject: Re: Writing bash daemon
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 11:04:04 +1000

Harald Holzer wrote:

> You can use the "&" at the end of the command. This puts the command
> in the background.
>
> start your shell script in one of the init scripts with the "&" at the
> end.
>
> like:
> thisismydeamon &

Yes, I know that, but I want to be able to stop it again without peering
through process lists.  In short, I need to create a /etc/init.d entry
that allows me to start and stop the shell script on a whim.

--
David

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Cameron L. Spitzer)
Subject: WARNING!!  wu-2.4.2 == DEATH!!  Re: wu_ftp help needed, Please read at least.
Date: 31 Aug 1999 01:33:52 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, -~=Darek M=~- wrote:
>I am trying to make a guest only ftp server. I already made
>a test ftp account with login 'darek' and password 'darek'.
>
>The wu_ftp version I am using is wu-2.4.2-VR17(1) on an
>RH6.0 system.

That FTP daemon has a known root shell exploit.  See
http://www.cert.org/advisories/CA-99-03-FTP-Buffer-Overflows.html

Get the current wu-ftpd from http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
It builds on Linux with no problems.  Set it up yourself;
don't trust somebody else's .rpm file.

Cameron

------------------------------

From: "Christopher W. Aiken" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: TOP doesn't show 128MB
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 21:14:12 -0500

Try adding:   append="mem=128M"
to your lilo.conf file and re-run lilo

...cwa

From: "Warren Rodie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: hardware compression with DAT drive?
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 11:07:33 +1000

You might want to look at the "mt" command.
Also some drives have jumpers to set whether the compression is on,
useful if you want compression on all the time.

Hope this is helpful.

Warren Rodie

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
>WHen I use a Solaris box at work I can get HW compression
>from a 4mm DAT drive using a different tape device.  How
>does one do this under linux?  I just got a 4mm drive at
>a flea market and am experimenting with it.  Thanks!
>
>--
>Fred

------------------------------

Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.security
Subject: Re: *nix vs. MS security
From: Thomas L|fgren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 25 Aug 1999 12:01:48 +0200

    HB> People ARE becoming incredibly lazy with post formatting
    HB> though.  Does it REALLY take so much more effort to put the
    HB> reply AFTER the quoted text? What is it? 2 keypresses?

With a decent newsreader it should take zero keypresses.  I agree with
your frustration over the stupidity and laziness that cause people to
just throw all their garbage at the end of a message.  So easy,
because you don't have to waste valuable seconds to trim down the
content, and you get the entire thread in each message.  Just as
practical as throwing your kitchen garbage out on the street.

While we're at it, another frustration of mine is when replying to a
post from someone with a ridiculous "real name" (such as the previous
poster).  This makes quoting a bit difficult.

Tom
--
T. Lofgren - Wherever I lay my .emacs, that's my ${HOME}
These opinions are mine, not yours.  Get your own damn opinions.

------------------------------

From: "Steve D. Perkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 22:19:10 -0400

> Could you people stop flaming distributions?

        Umm... well... I'm sure that Usenet flame-wars over Linux
distributions loyalties will come to a halt someday.  I think
that everyone's just waiting for an end to Catholic-Protestant
violence in North Ireland, as well as as peace in the middle
east, to come about first.

        Seriously though, I think MOST of the comparisons are perfectly
valid and reasonable.  The only problem is that the term "buggy"
is more than a bit overused... I feel that 75% of the time when
people call a distribution "buggy", they really meant to say "put
together in a senseless and stupid manner".  Of course all
distributions are different (what would be the point of your
distribution if there were nothing about it to differentiate it
from others?)... but oftentimes some of the unique differences in
a distribution seem to be there only for frustratingly
gratuitious purposes, and deserve to be criticised.

Steve

From: Jayan M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: ppp problems with some utilities
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 23:34:43 GMT

map the blah.blah.blah.blah to 127.0.0.1 in the
/etc/hosts file, in addition to localhost.. that should do it, I guess!

Jayan

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Christian Weisgerber)
Crossposted-To: comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc
Subject: Re: dump and restore between OS's?
Date: 31 Aug 1999 01:23:43 +0200

Ben Slusky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> is it possible to restore a dump from an ext2 filesytem onto
> a BSD filesystem?

Yes.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------

From: Adrian Hands <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Newbie Installing Kernel problems - starting X
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 22:03:39 -0400

Good evening Mr. Bond...

Boot up to runlevel 3 (no X).
Login.
Start emacs. (Type "emacs")
Go to a shell (Type Esc-x shell)
Type "startx" or "/usr/X11R6/bin/startx".
The system will try to start X.
Press Ctrl-Alt-F1 to get back to the text screen (emacs) if it doesn't
work.
Now, becuause you're in emacs, you can scroll backwards through the
messages that your X server listed on startup and find what went wrong.

I suppose there's a way to do this without using emacs, but I like
emacs.

Oh yes, to get out of emacs, type Ctrl-X Ctrl-C, but there's really no
reason to leave emacs.
ever.

Or...
check /var/log/xdm-error.log to see the the errors.
If they're not there,
grep -i log /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/xdm-config
to find out where they are.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Paul Kimoto)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup
Date: 30 Aug 1999 11:26:56 -0500

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Jack Zhu wrote:
> But I upgrade the kernel of RH5.0 from 2.0.32 to 2.2.1, there's no such warning
> message. Why?

Which version of klogd does RH5.0 have?  (Did you read
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>?)

--
Paul Kimoto             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

------------------------------

From: "T.E.Dickey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: New terminal device?
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 02:00:05 GMT

Matthias Kramm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi.

> What to do best after a
> rm /dev/tty1 ?
> What is the general way to create a device file?

man mknod

--
Thomas E. Dickey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------

From: "Bart Silverstrim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Help! Hard drive IRQ timeouts!
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 21:59:31 -0400

I'm hoping that someone out there has seen this kind of behavior before...

I'm running Red Hat 6.0 on a PII-350 with 8 and 3 gig IDE drives, and two
ATAPI CD's (one CDRW and one CD).

Every once in awhile, the hard drive suddenly emits a loud clicking sound,
at a rate of about one click every two or three seconds.  This keeps going
for a minute or two, then it keeps going as if nothing happened.  This has
happened both while I was logged in doing work, and when no one is logged in
(the machine just started clicking in the middle of the night, no cron jobs
scheduled or anything).  Once it did that for a couple minutes, it just got
quiet as if nothing was going on.  Running programs don't seem to be
affected at all unless they're disk-bound; they stop running temporarily
(that happened when I was burning a CD; it started clicking, the buffer
emptied, and it sat there as if that terminal were locked, and when the
click stopped, it resumed at normal speed to tell me there was an error and
it quit).

The only error messages come during the clicking; so far, nothing has been
lost on the drive (the 8 gig is what is doing this; the 3 gig was previously
used for a couple years on another Linux system without any problems.  The 8
gig is a Western Digital Caviar, brand new).

Below is a truncated output to the messages log with the errors.  If you
need more information or if you have any ideas of what is causing this or
what to look at to fix it, please email me!  When it doesn't make this
sound, it acts as if absolutely nothing is wrong with the filesystem...thank
you for any help you can give.

-Bart Silverstrim
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
***********************************
Aug 30 15:47:13 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 15:47:37 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 15:48:29 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 15:48:59 pangea kernel: ide0: reset timed-out, status=0xd0
Aug 30 15:48:59 pangea kernel: hdb: read_intr: status=0x50 { DriveReady
SeekComplete }
Aug 30 15:49:01 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 16:02:25 pangea kernel: hda: read_intr: status=0x59 { DriveReady
SeekComplete DataRequest Error }
Aug 30 16:02:25 pangea kernel: hda: read_intr: error=0x40
 UncorrectableError }, LBAsect=1903504, sector=1903441
Aug 30 16:02:25 pangea kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev 03:01 (hda),
sector 1903441
Aug 30 16:02:35 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 16:02:35 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 16:02:45 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 16:02:45 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 16:02:56 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 16:02:56 pangea kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev 03:01 (hda),
sector 1903460
Aug 30 16:02:56 pangea kernel: hda: status timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 16:02:56 pangea kernel: hda: drive not ready for command
Aug 30 16:03:01 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 16:03:11 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 16:03:11 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 16:03:22 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 16:03:22 pangea kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev 03:01 (hda),
sector 1903462
Aug 30 16:03:22 pangea kernel: hda: status timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 16:03:22 pangea kernel: hda: drive not ready for command
Aug 30 16:03:26 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 16:03:36 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 16:03:37 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 16:03:48 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 16:03:48 pangea kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev 03:01 (hda),
sector 1903464
Aug 30 16:03:48 pangea kernel: hda: status timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 16:03:48 pangea kernel: hda: drive not ready for command
Aug 30 16:03:52 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 16:04:02 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 16:04:02 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 16:04:13 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 16:04:13 pangea kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev 03:01 (hda),
sector 1903466
Aug 30 16:04:13 pangea kernel: hda: status timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 16:04:13 pangea kernel: hda: drive not ready for command
Aug 30 16:04:17 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 16:04:27 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 16:04:27 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 16:04:38 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 16:04:38 pangea kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev 03:01 (hda),
sector 1903468
Aug 30 16:04:38 pangea kernel: hda: status timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 16:04:38 pangea kernel: hda: drive not ready for command
Aug 30 16:04:42 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 16:04:52 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 16:04:52 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 16:05:03 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 16:05:03 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 16:05:07 pangea kernel: hda: read_intr: status=0x59 { DriveReady
SeekComplete DataRequest Error }
Aug 30 16:05:07 pangea kernel: hda: read_intr: error=0x40
 UncorrectableError }, LBAsect=1903504, sector=1903441
Aug 30 16:05:07 pangea kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev 03:01 (hda),
sector 1903441
Aug 30 16:05:12 pangea kernel: hda: read_intr: status=0x59 { DriveReady
SeekComplete DataRequest Error }
Aug 30 16:05:12 pangea kernel: hda: read_intr: error=0x40
 UncorrectableError }, LBAsect=1903504, sector=1903441
Aug 30 16:05:12 pangea kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev 03:01 (hda),
sector 1903441
Aug 30 17:06:31 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 17:06:42 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 17:06:42 pangea kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev 03:01 (hda),
sector 475247
Aug 30 17:06:42 pangea kernel: hda: status timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 17:06:42 pangea kernel: hda: drive not ready for command
Aug 30 17:06:46 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 17:06:56 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 17:06:56 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 17:07:07 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 17:07:07 pangea kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev 03:01 (hda),
sector 32964
Aug 30 17:07:07 pangea kernel: hda: status timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 17:07:07 pangea kernel: hda: drive not ready for command
Aug 30 17:07:11 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 17:07:21 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 17:07:22 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 17:07:33 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 17:07:33 pangea kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev 03:01 (hda),
sector 163918
Aug 30 17:07:33 pangea kernel: hda: status timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 17:07:33 pangea kernel: hda: drive not ready for command
Aug 30 17:07:33 pangea kernel: IO error syncing ext2 inode
[ide0(3,1):00005023]
Aug 30 17:07:37 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 17:07:47 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 17:07:47 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 17:07:58 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 17:07:58 pangea kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev 03:01 (hda),
sector 166054
Aug 30 17:07:58 pangea kernel: hda: status timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 17:07:58 pangea kernel: hda: drive not ready for command
Aug 30 17:08:02 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 17:08:12 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 17:08:12 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 17:08:23 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 17:08:23 pangea kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev 03:01 (hda),
sector 180296
Aug 30 17:08:23 pangea kernel: hda: status timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 17:08:23 pangea kernel: hda: drive not ready for command
Aug 30 17:08:28 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 17:08:38 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 17:08:38 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 17:08:49 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 17:08:49 pangea kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev 03:01 (hda),
sector 180312
Aug 30 17:08:49 pangea kernel: hda: status timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 17:08:49 pangea kernel: hda: drive not ready for command
Aug 30 17:08:53 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 17:09:03 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 17:09:03 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 17:09:14 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 17:09:14 pangea kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev 03:01 (hda),
sector 245830
Aug 30 17:09:14 pangea kernel: hda: status timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 17:09:14 pangea kernel: hda: drive not ready for command
Aug 30 17:09:18 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 17:09:28 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 17:09:29 pangea kernel: ide0: reset: success
Aug 30 17:09:40 pangea kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Aug 30 17:09:40 pangea kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev 03:01 (hda),
sector 245832