I have loaded DOSEMU 1.4.0 and am trying to get a old DBL program
running which does Accounting. My Linux system is Open SUSE 10.2.
The DBL package is running nicely but I am unable to print from the
program or from the DOS prompt (eg COPY NAME.BAT LPT1: )
As I understand from the notes I've found that dosemu spools the print
to the default Linux printer, which in my case is a USB printer. I can
find no discussions on using a USB printer but I assume as it's the
Linux default it will just work. A standard "lpr filename" from the
Linux command prompt works fine.
I have tried altering the dosemu.conf file to enable LPT1 as follows:

## Printer and parallel port settings
# Print commands to use for LPT1, LPT2 and LPT3.
# Default: "lpr -l", "lpr -l -P lpt2", and "" (disabled)
# Which means: use the default print queue for LPT1, "lpt2" queue for
LPT2.
# "-l" means raw printing mode (no preprocessing).
$_lpt1 = "lpr -l"
# $_lpt2 = "lpr -l -P lpt2"
# $_lpt3 = ""
# idle time in seconds before spooling out. Default: (20)
$_printer_timeout = (20)

This dosemu.conf installed automatically into /etc/dosemu
I have tried the configuration in the /etc directory but I still can't
print.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Garth