Am Samstag, 17. November 2007 18:54 schrieb Garth Kay-Hards:

> ## Printer and parallel port settings
> # Print commands to use for LPT1, LPT2 and LPT3.
> # Default: "lpr -l", "lpr -l -P lpt2", and "" (disabled)
> # Which means: use the default print queue for LPT1, "lpt2" queue for
> LPT2.
> # "-l" means raw printing mode (no preprocessing).
> $_lpt1 = "lpr -l"
> # $_lpt2 = "lpr -l -P lpt2"
> # $_lpt3 = ""
> # idle time in seconds before spooling out. Default: (20)
> $_printer_timeout = (20)

Do not use "-l" if you intend to use a DOS program that doesn't have a printer
driver for your particular printer. "-l" bypasses the CUPS printer driver,
only the CUPS spooler is used in that case.

If you have a fairly new USB printer, it's unlikely your DOS program has a
driver for it. In that case, you have to install an ascii print queue and
your DOS program may only print text, not graphics. Other solutions need a
printer language converter (e.g. EPSON ESC/P -> Postscript). I know some for
MS-Windows, but none for Linux, maybe someone else does?

Kind regards

        Jan
--
Je tiefer der Abgrund, desto höher der Himmel.