--nextPart1381129.9PaVgNitR0

Hello!

I'm proud to present first public release of Samba support for DosEmu.

1. What it can do?

 - it can connect to samba and windows boxes
 - read/write and locks are supported
=20
 You can find more details in doc/README.samba.

2. How to build it?

  You'll need to patch your dosemu-1.4.0 sources, build and install=20
libcli_smb.so from Samba 4 alpha 1 release and then build dosemu as usual.

  As in previous case: detailed instructions are in doc/README.samba file.

3. Few words about this release.

 3.1 To DosEmu developers

  I was trying to make this patch as less invasive as it's possible. Becaus=
e=20
patch is based on mfs.c code I found few places I think they can be wrong a=
nd=20
marked them by FIXME with appropriate comment. You can also find some FIXME=
=20
comments in smb.c in cases I wasn't quite sure how some problems should be=
=20
solved.

 3.2 To end users.

  Even it's only beta 1 release it should be stable and usable. As far as=20
Samba servers are replacement for real Windows servers locks on samba drive=
s=20
should work as well as on mapped drives under Windows.
 =20
  Remember: I won't give you any warranty that this piece of code can work=
=20
correctly with your software or won't make any damage to your data. You can=
=20
lost all your data! I warned you!

4. How you can get it?

  Because patch was to big to send it to mail list I decided to place it on=
=20
web server. Here is a place you can download it from:

        http://www.pers.pl/~pascalek/dosemu-1.4.0-samba-beta1.patch.gz

  Have a fun playing with it!

Regards,
=2D-=20