> From: David Brownell [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Friday 12 September 2008, Gadiyar, Anand wrote:
> > 1. TLL vs PHY mode needs to be set somewhere. Me thinks this information
> > ought
> > to come from board-specific data and the driver would need to set things up
> > accordingly. What would be a good way to do this?
>
> Define an ehci_omap_platform_data struct and use it for
> the stuff that shouldn't be in mach-omap2 ... I seem to
> not understand why there would be a question here.

Lack of experience. I'm got miles to go...

> > 2. The OHCI driver (not yet in linux-omap and not in a shape to go ought at
> > the
> > moment either) would need to touch a lot of common registers during
> > init/exit/re-init.
> > Any ideas where to put this code such that we can have the EHCI driver, or
> > the
> > OHCI driver, or both loaded and unloaded at will and still working without
> > interfering
> > with each other.
>
> Sounds like code that can live in mach-omap2 and be called
> when the drivers start or stop.

Yup. Then a lot of the code in that ehci-omap.c file would need to be moved
there to avoid
duplicating code. Will do that when I add the OHCI bus-glue.

> > 3. For OHCI, the transceiver used on the expansion board happens to be an
> > ISP1301
> > for which there currently exists a driver
> > (drivers/i2c/chips/isp1301_omap.c). Since this is
> > meant to be an OTG transceiver, the driver does otg_set_transceiver.
>
> And does OMAP2 have the OMAP1 OTG controller?  If not, then
> you can't use that driver.
>

> > But MUSB is the OTG controller and has it's own transceiver... and we can't
> > have two of
> > those, right? :) Ideas welcome.
>
> You'll need a new driver; since it's host only, it would only
> need to be a little stub.  The interface shouldn't matter much;
> just make it general enough that other hardware could use it.
> (Nothing OMAP-specific, etc.)

Okay. Will do. I'll fix the OHCI code too and send it in, but it'll take a
while.

Thanks for the advice.

- Anand