Op 20 nov 2008, om 18:38 heeft Kevin Hilman het volgende geschreven:

"Peter Reid" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Hello kevin,
  Here is what i did to put it to suspend, which fails.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] echo  mem > /sys/power/state
PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
Freezing user space processes ... (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done.
Freezing remaining freezable tasks ... (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done.
Suspending console(s)
Class driver suspend failed for cpu0
PM: Some devices failed to power down

Hi Peter,

Thanks for testing on Beagle.  Do you mind sharing your .config?  And,
would you mind testing with the attached config?  This PM branch will
currently only work with a minimal set of drivers.  Many of the
current drivers will still prevent retention and OFF mode.

Do you have CPUfreq enabled?  I saw this 'class driver suspend'
problem when I had CPUfreq enabled.  This branch doesn't currently
have CPUfreq support, so you can leave that disabled.

I've also noticed problems on ES2 Beagle as well that I haven't
figured out yet.  Namely, I think the bootloader is leaving certain
modules (namely DSS and IVA) in a state that is preventing hitting
retention.

Immediately after boot, the DSS powerdomain is still ON and it should
be in retention, same for IVA but I haven't debugged this further on
Beagle.  The same kernel works on 3430SDP so that's why my hunch
points to the u-boot.

The kernel needs a way to ensure that after booting all the unused
modules are in a state where they are not preventing idle.  Even with
disabled clocks, certain modules can prevent idle.  Paul Walmsley has
written the 'omapdev' layer which will now make it easier to do this
boot-time init, but it is currently not there.  We currently have to
rely on bootloaders doing the right thing.

The beagle bootloader does all sorts of stuff with DSS, MMC, audio
etc.  so it is a likely candidate.

Only the TI version does that, you'd be better of using the 'omap3' branch of the u-boot arm git, or Steve Sakomans git tree (which is where the upstream patches originate from). I don't know if that version fixed DSS and IVA, but it is a lot cleaner and saves a considerable amount of boot time :) A binary is located at:

http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard/u-boot.bin

That binary also contains a fix for the 'l1neon' problem where the optimized version of ffmpeg or mplayer would crash under heavy load.

regards,

Koen