Zach,

We've gotten a Aptina MT9P031 driver working with the latest ISP patchset, both with YUV and RAW data. I don't know what the problem might be with YUYV data - we get useful YUYV data without any changes to the ISP defaults. However, to request RAW data, that simply uses the CCDC and bypasses all the processing in the ISP, request the pixelformat of V4L2_PIX_FMT_SGRBG10. This will give you two bytes per pixel, at least in our case (although we have a 12-bit sensor cut down to 10 bits), so be prepared to throw out every other byte.

Hope this helps,

Eino-Ville (Eddy) Talvala
Computer Graphics Lab
Stanford University