ext Roger Quadros wrote:
ext Kevin Hilman wrote:
Roger Quadros <ext-roger.quad...@nokia.com> writes:

Hi Kevin,

 Off mode does not seem to work on RX51 on latest PM branch. I get a
reboot if I set enable_off_mode and sleep_while_idle and I wait for
timeout.

 Does it work on other platforms?

Yes, I tested on SDP, omap3evm, Beagle, Overo and RX51.

On RX51, I'm using omap3_pm_defconfig with the debug UART changed to
UART3 and things work fine here.

I using rootfs from latest fiasco image, and it drops me into an early
shell because /sbin/preinit fails in various ways. Note that I'm using
an S2.0 GP board.  Note also that I modified /sbin/preinit to launch
another getty on ttyS2 so I get a shell since newer kernels ignore the
ATAGs passed by nolo.

Below is a console log of my boot so you can see what is going on.
Because /sbin/preinit enables off-mode and sleep_while_idle, I just
let it boot and it seems to work.

Kevin

I am having S2.1 board and it does not work on that. It gets locked up and restarts after idle timeout.
But I checked that it works on S2.0 board.

Any clue what could be the problem?

-roger

Kevin,

I have some new observations.

It works only if we load the kernel via USB. Instead, if we flash the kernel, it will not work even with S2.0 board. It boots to shell but after sleep timeout (5 seconds) console gets locked up and it reboots after a while.

Can you please verify this?

-roger