Hi,

ext Arnaud Ebalard wrote:
Hi Roger,

Roger Quadros <roger.quad...@nokia.com> writes:

These patches get the N900 LCD panel working.
Apply's cleanly on 2.6.34-rc2

Pre-requisites:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/86318/
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/86319/
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/86320/

First, thanks for pushing the missing bits for N900 hardware support
upstream! I wanted to give your patches a try and test a l-o kernel on
my N900 (I know I won't have full hardware support ... at the moment).

Using current l-o tree with your 5 panel patches and the 3 you link on
patchwork, I initially ended up with a kernel panic in
omap3_onenand_write_bufferram() (i.e. unrelated to your patches).

With http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/48337/ (mtd: OneNAND: OMAP3:
unmap correct DMA buffer), I am able to get the official Nokia
/sbin/preinit called: then, getbootstate reports a malfunction but
AFAICT, the panel is working ok.

The getbootstate malfunction is expected as there is no support for it yet in mainline. But you should get to shell without that.

You could hack the startup script to spawn a getty on ttyS2. This should get you to shell.

so in /sbin/preinit, in start_shell()

-/sbin/getty 115200 ttyS0 -n -l /bin/sh
+/sbin/getty 115200 ttyS2 -n -l /bin/sh

cheers,