On Mon, 11 Oct 2010, Tony Lindgren wrote:

> Would be nice to get the dspbridge into working shape. Sounds we still
> need the following:
>
> - memblock fixes
> - this series to fix the control module related issues
> - platform data for the boards
>
> Is that all, or are we also missing something else?

A few other things should be done also.

1. Most of the code in drivers/staging/tidspbridge/code/tiomap3430.c in
the bridge_brd_monitor(), bridge_brd_start(), and bridge_brd_stop() should
be moved into a file in arch/arm/mach-omap2.  The DSPBridge driver should
call those functions (to reset the DSP, start it, etc.) through
platform_data function pointers.  Once that happens, patch 3 of the
control module-related series would not be needed, since that code would
be in arch/arm/mach-omap2 anyway.

2. The direct CM/PRM/RM register access should be removed from that
arch/arm/mach-omap2 code.  That should be handled directly by the
clock/hwmod/whatever code.

3. DSPBridge should be converted to use PM runtime, and the
arch/arm/mach-omap2 portion should use omap_device, omap_hwmod, etc.

- Paul