On 10/11/2010 5:16 PM, Paul Walmsley wrote:

4. If the DSP uses a peripheral, such as a GPTIMER or a McBSP, DSPBridge
needs to reserve that device with the rest of Linux so some other Linux
code isn't using it or doesn't try to use it, causing conflicts with
DSPBridge.  I guess the list that we need to worry about is in _tiomap.h
as l4_peripheral_table[].

this is done by using dmtimer fwk, mcbsp are also requested using mcbsp code (however I think functions to enable/disable mcbsp clocks should be added to mcbsp fwk)... There is no code (that I'm aware of) to control wdt3 nor ssi so this is still there. I still have to review the code to find any place were the registers are written directly though.

The other peripherals, at the moment, doesn't have a direct interaction with bridge, although they might be interconnected to iva. I guess we can remove some of the mapped peripherals (like dsi, gpio, uart) and add them back on request and by implementing the code to request them on arm side.

- omar