On 3/7/2011 3:05 PM, Shilimkar, Santosh wrote:
From: linux-omap-ow...@vger.kernel.org [mailto:linux-omap-
ow...@vger.kernel.org] On Behalf Of Cousson, Benoit

+ Rajendra

Hi Tomi,

On 3/7/2011 9:22 AM, Valkeinen, Tomi wrote:
Hi Kevin, Paul,

We currently have a small problem with OMAP4 DSS. When we enable
the DSS
clocks, it seems that the DSS registers are not always accessible
right
after the clock enable.

What clocks are you talking about? As you know, the DSS has a bunch
of functional clocks available depending of the use case.

I understood that on OMAP4 the clock framework doesn't guarantee
that
the registers are accessible after enabling clocks, and pm_runtime
will handle this. Is this correct?

This seems to the question about a so called optional clock (DSS_CLK)
which really not an optional clock :)
This clock needs to be enabled and disabled along with interface and
functional clock for the registers access to work.

To be more accurate, this clock is one of the functional clock available for the DSS (the other being the SYS_CLK).

You can use dss_clk or sys_clk (through dsi pll) to generate the functional clock of the DSS. The issue, as I said is that the availability status of the DSS is bound to the DSS module mode, not to any of this DSS clock.

Benoit