On Friday June 8, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Neil Brown wrote:
>
> > If you don't like the name "mdctl" (I don't), please suggest another.
>
> How about "raidctrl"?

Possible... though I don't think it is much better.  Longer to type too:-)

I kind of like having the "md" in there as it is the "md" driver.
"raid" is a generic term, and "mdctl" doesn't work with all raid
(i.e. not firmware raid), only software raid, and in particular, only
the "md" driver.

But thanks for the suggestion, I will keep it in mind and see if it
grows on me.

NeilBrown