Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
> I have (had) a 4 disk RAID5 /dev/sd[abcd]1.
[trim]

By this evening this will become urgent, so if anyone can
reply then please do.

To bring it up in degraded mode, can I do a --create and tell
it to use sd[abc] and mark sdd as failed? I can then force
--run. An --assemble with '--failed /dev/sdd1' was not happy
because it could not see sdd (naturally).

With the new disk (sda) added, can I safely do
        mdadm --assemble /dev/md0 /dev/sd[bcd]1 --fail /dev/sda1
and maybe --force or --run to bring it up?

TIA

--
Eyal Lebedinsky ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) <http://samba.org/eyal/>
        attach .zip as .dat