On Friday December 2, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Thank you for the feedback Neil.
>
> Although, your last comment did confuse me a little...run what in
> parallel? Should I be running badblocks against the unassembled
> components of the raid and then doing something like:
>      >fsck -l /badblockfile_sda3.txt /dev/md0
>      >fsck -l /badblockfile_sdb3.txt /dev/md0
>      >fsck -l /badblockfile_sdc3.txt /dev/md0
>      >fsck -l /badblockfile_sdd3.txt /dev/md0

type in haste, repent at leisure....

I was thinking that you wold be using 'badblocks' directly rather then
via fsck, and was suggesting
   badblocks -n /dev/sda3 & badblocks /dev/sdb3 & badblocks /dev/sdd3

Running 'badblocks' across a raid5 array isn't a good idea, as if
there are any bad block, the devices will be kicked from the array,
and the test will abort.

NeilBrown