On Wed, 19 Dec 2007, Jon Nelson wrote:

On 12/19/07, Justin Piszcz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007, Mattias Wadenstein wrote:
From that setup it seems simple, scrap the partition table and use the
disk device for raid. This is what we do for all data storage disks (hw raid)
and sw raid members.

/Mattias Wadenstein

Is there any downside to doing that?  I remember when I had to take my

There is one (just pointed out to me yesterday): having the partition
and having it labeled as raid makes identification quite a bit easier
for humans and software, too.

--
Jon

Some nice graphs found here: