On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 08:59 +0100, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 10:40 PM, Roland Dreier <rdre...@cisco.com> wrote:
> >
> >  > Is that regular kernel coding practice, to run away with the work
> >  > someone else did and to claim authorship ? As far as I know this is
> >  > considered as impolite.
> >
> > I don't see "with proper credit for Bart" as claiming authorship.  And
> > yes, I think proposing a better way of doing things is definitely
> > regular kernel coding practice.  It's more than polite -- it's going way
> > beyond helpful review comments and actually helping revise the patches.
>
> You are welcome to have a look at the descriptions of the three
> patches posted by David Dillow. I was not credited in any way in these
> descriptions. Not for analyzing the problem, not for the design of a
> solution and not for the work I did in implementing a solution. That
> is why I wrote that David Dillow was claiming authorship of the work I
> did.

And here I thought I covered it by stating in the cover letter that they
were not signed off, needed credit for you, and shouldn't go upstream
until you ACK'd them, presumably with that fixed. I thought people would
put two and two together, but I suppose not. I'll try to be more
explicit next time.