sebastien dugue wrote:
So I guess you need to change the ports used within the new port space -- but then why can't you just stay in the TCP space but change the ports used?

No, with the new port space, there's no need to change ports. You only need to
specify the target GUIDs. For example:
        lustre, target-­port­guid 0x1234,0x1235 : 1 # lustre traffic to MDSs
        lustre                                : 2 # default lustre traffic (to
OSSs)
Hope this helps clarify things a bit.
sorry, but it doesn't, as far as I understand there are three possibilities for what the string "lustre" is being translated to
by the opensm QoS logic:

(A) lustre port in the TCP port space
(B) lustre port space
(C) nothing (that is not a service, in the same manner that ipoib just doesn't mean anything to opensm)

Assuming C is not the case, then either A or B will yield the same result and as such the new port space buys you nothing.

Or.